Car tires may tend to leak at the most inconvenient time. How will you solve this problem when you’re miles away from the gas station.
So, it’s best to buy an air compressor to solve some unexpected issues. You can let it sit in the trunk of your car.
This thing will help you out of nowhere and when you can’t find a nearby gas station. It usually responds with the power from the vehicle outlet. A 12V cigarette lighter socket is present.
The parts of the compressor that you should take note of are on or off switch, pressure outlet, draining valve, fuse, cable, red and black alligator clips, ball valve, and handle. This air compressor can be connected to your car battery.
Here are the steps to show you how.
Steps to Connect Air Compressor to a Car Battery
1. The first thing that you need to do is to connect the pressure line of a pump control unit to a compressor’s pressure outlet.
2. Check first if the compressor is off before you connect it with a power source. It should be in the same situation with a ball valve handle found on the compressor’s side.
3. Connect the air compressor to a 12Vc car battery through the alligator clips. The black clip should be attached to the negative terminal of the power source or a proper ground.
The red clip is for the power source’s positive terminal.
4. You can switch on the compressor when you have securely connected the power source and every pressure line. It takes about 4 minutes to fill up the tank up to 125 psi.
5. When the charging has been completed to 125 psi, you can turn on the ball valve.
6. When you begin pumping, the air pressure that is in the tank goes down to 91 psi. What the compressor needs to do is to recharge to reach 125 psi or to the chosen pumping rate.
How to Maintain Air Compressor
It’s important to vent or drain your compressor every 20 hours of use. It needs frequent draining if it stays in a humid condition.
The air fittings that you can find on the compressor are designed to keep safety when connecting and disconnecting under pressure. So you won’t need to vent the tank if you have no intention to drain it.
You can just disconnect the drive and supply lines. It is easier to connect or disconnect if the tank is empty or with very low pressure.
To release or drain air pressure, turn off the compressor first and remove the clips from the power source. Do it when the ball valve handle is still on.
The pump control unit should remain connected with the sample lines and drive when you choose ‘drive’ on the unit of pump control. You should make it turn into 0 psi, which you can be seen on the pressure gauge of the compressor.
Draining it is easy as you only need to move the draining valve located on the underside of the tank. You need to switch it counterclockwise to open.
Water and condensation will leave the tank.
You should take note…
1. The compressor can drain the car’s battery quickly, so you should make your car run. A stand-alone battery will run out of energy after 20 minutes of use.
2. Don’t utilize a cigarette lighter adapter to change the use of the power cord.
3. The compressor turns off immediately when it overheats as it is thermally protected. It will come back to life once it cools off.