Buying a new car for your own could be one of the most special days in your life, next to probably getting married and buying a new house. There is nothing quite like driving a brand new set of wheels. It is a joyous moment when you get behind the wheel, drive the car out of the showroom and into your garage.
A brand new car, of course, comes with renewed feelings of responsibility. There are regular car maintenance, scheduled tire rotations, and oil changes. Then there are the car’s leather seats. While these seats are durable, hard-wearing, and easy to clean, they do need special attention and care just the same. The wear and tear associated with the daily use of the car will eventually take a toll on the charming seats. One of the best ways to protect the seats is to install car seat covers.
Benefits of Universal Seat Covers
Universal seat covers are one of the most preferred seat covers among vehicle owners. They are designed to fit a wide range of seats and functions primarily to provide a protective drape over car seats. They are very easy to install and uninstall and comes at a more affordable price range than custom-fitted car seat covers.
Putting on a car seat cover has several benefits:
- Protection. As mentioned, these car seat covers act primarily as a protection for the seats. They provide extra protection from dirt, grime, or any other objects that may contribute to the seats’ rapid wear and tear. They also protect the seats from the UV beams of the sun that can cause rapid fading.
- Comfort. Car seat covers come with different features, which are all aimed at enhancing comforts for the car owners. They can be purchased with added seat padding or cushions. Heating capabilities are also available to keep the seats warm on colder days.
- Personalization. There are a lot of options for fabrics, styles, and designs to choose from. Car owners can install seat covers based on their preference, allowing them to tweak the interior of the vehicle to suit their personality and custom style.
- Ease of Maintenance. Car seat covers are easy to maintain as they are easy to install and uninstall and can be put to wash. Some car seat covers support machine cleaning while leather seat covers can easily be cleaned using a towel.
How to Put On Universal Seat Covers
Installing a seat cover only involves a few simple steps:
- Remove the headrests.
- Slide the seat cover over the back of the seat. The covers will have two loops or Velcro that you can slip between the seat itself and the seatback. Using a coat hanger, pull the loops from the front of the car seat cover underneath. This will help ensure that the covers fit as snug and tight as possible. Try to fit the cover’s seams with the contours of the seat. Wrinkled covers do not look clean and appealing.
- Slide the bottom piece over the lower cushion. After the back piece is in place, make sure that the covers for the lower bottom also line up with the seat’s contours. Run the straps from the front of the cover to the back, pull hard to get a tight fit, and connect the straps at the back.
- Slide the headrest covers firmly into place and replace the headrests.
Getting a seat cover for your vehicle is one of the most important things you can do for your car. It can protect your seats from stains and other causes of wear and tear. It can also help you customize the interiors of your car. It is a great accessory that is very easy to install using the steps outlined above.